Nintendo Switch Sports introduces a new default avatar called Sportsmates, replacing the familiar Miis from Wii Sports. But don’t worry if you love your Miis; you can still create and use them in the new oyun. The option to do this is a bit hidden within the Switch’s system settings, so it might not be immediately obvious how to access it. Let me guide you through the steps to use Mii characters in Nintendo Switch Sports:
How to Make New Miis on Switch
1. From the home screen, select “System Settings.”
2. Scroll down on the left sidebar and find “Mii.” Click on it.
3. Choose “Create/Edit a Mii” to start making your Mii. You have three options to create a Mii on Switch: a. “Start from Scratch”: Customize your Mii from the beginning. b. “Choose a Look-Alike”: Pick from pre-made Miis as a starting point and customize them. c. “Copy a Mii from Amiibo”: Import a Mii from your Nintendo 3DS or Wii U via an Amiibo figure.
4. After creating or editing your Mii, select “Done” to save it to your system. Now, you can use it in any game on the Switch that supports Miis.
How to Import Miis
If you want to import Miis from your Nintendo 3DS or Wii U to your Switch, you can do that too, but you need to save them to an Amiibo figure first. Here’s how you can do it for each system:
a. Tap the “Home Menu Settings” symbol on the touch screen and choose “Amiibo Settings.” b. Select “Register Owner and Nickname.” c. Associate your Mii with an Amiibo by selecting “Change Owner,” picking the Mii, and saving it.
b. From the home screen, select “System Settings” and then “Amiibo Settings.” b. Choose “Register Owner and Nickname.” c. Follow the steps to associate your Mii with an Amiibo figure.
Now, you can transfer your Mii characters from your 3DS or Wii U to your Nintendo Switch at any time. Here’s how to do it:
- On your Nintendo Switch, go to the Mii menu and select “Copy Mii from Amiibo.”
- Place the Amiibo figure on the Switch’s NFC reader (the location differs based on the type of controller you’re using). For Joy-Cons, place it on top of the right Joy-Con’s control stick. For the Switch Pro Controller, place it over the Nintendo Switch logo near the center.
- Wait for the Mii to be copied onto your controller. You’ll see a message confirming the transfer.
- Your Mii is now saved on your Nintendo Switch and can be used in Nintendo Switch Sports and other compatible games.
On April 29th, Nintendo Switch Sports was released, with exciting updates planned for the future. In the coming months, players can look forward to a new sport called Golf, which will allow them to enjoy full Golf matches using their leg strap attachment during the summer.
So, if you’re eager to personalize your gaming experience with your own unique Mii characters or explore the new Sportsmates, the Nintendo Switch offers you plenty of options to enjoy your gaming journey!